Documents are at the bottom of the page.
DATES HAVE NOT BEEN SET THIS YEAR.
For ease of set up it was decided that there would be four Spotlight dates with two Spotlights on each date, one at 8:00 and one at 1:00 p.m.
WEHN IN COMMUNICATION WITH FAMILIES BE SURE TO SAY WHETHER YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE AM OR PM SPOTLIGHT.
Student and teacher responsibilities for performances in the Spotlight.
Please keep the following criteria in mind:
• 90 seconds time limit for each student
• 3 students per classroom
• students must be fully prepared at audition (music, props, memorization ready at audition). Please do not select a student to perform in the Spotlight who is not fully prepared at the time of his/her audition
• performance must be visible to the audience (i.e. dominos, magic acts)
• students should enter stage right and exit stage left (as you face the audience)
• Spotlights should be kept to 35 minutes. Please limit the number of participants from your classroom to 3 and honor the 90 seconds per group/student time limit. Six classrooms will perform at each Spotlight. Please do not add extra classrooms to the Spotlight.
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE SPOTLIGHT:
The jambox and one microphone with stand will be set up for each Spotlight. If a student needs any other equipment the classroom teacher must bring it to the Spotlight.
Spotlight equipment will be kept just inside the music room on the black bookcase.
• There will be a lead teacher for each Spotlight that greets the audience to begin the Spotlight and dismiss classroom at the end of the Spotlight.
• The classroom teacher will run the jambox for the students in his/her classroom.
• Students and teacher must know where the 90 second mark is in recorded music and fade out appropriately.
• For each Spotlight the lead teacher will also determine who will do the program for the Spotlight.
• Once you have signed up to participate in a Spotlight please honor your commitment.
We think the Spotlights offer students an opportunity to participate in the performance experience by preparing and presenting an act for a small audience. We offer this opportunity as a way of honoring the “arts” in Smarts + Arts. We consider this a formative developmental experience for students to gain confidence in front of an audience.
2013 Penn Ave. S. Minneapolis, MN 55405
Telephone: 612.668.2760 | Fax: 612.668.2770